Knowledge, as has been rightly said is power and this powerful weapon has the ability to change the course of action of innumerable things in one’s favor.
History is witness to the fact that time and again all those who emerged successful either in terms of controlling kingdoms, scientific breakthroughs, or those who made a significant mark were all well versed and were commandants of knowledge.
Nowadays it’s just as easy to receive this gift. The changing time has evolved all modes of education and the latest of them being e-learning. With the advent of technology, almost all the spheres of life have been revolutionized. So has the learning process. The internet has becomes the most reliable and fast-growing means of teaching, replacing all the age-old process of laborious and cumbersome interaction. E-learning is the most convenient and feasible medium to get information or a formal education for that matter. Making e-learning more user-friendly is the mobile phone which if has a good internet access will undoubtedly provide as a substitute for almost all the fields of learning.
Taking the world by storm e-learning is a powerful tool in the hands of those who want to learn.
The internet is full of tons of database for a single searched topic and it sometimes becomes a hectic task to retain all that has been written, this can prove a major drawback for learners and can obviously hamper the learning process. So to make the most out of this learning revolution one has to keep in mind certain things to get the maximum benefits.
1. The first and the foremost rule is to know in advance what you are searching for. Knowing your subject and the requirements of the specifications will cut short the wasteful time and you will surely know what all information you want to collect. Surfing through various sites can really become a time consuming and futile process if you’re not sure about what you want.
2. Make it a habit to take notes for all that you consider necessary. Even if a person has an excellent retaining capacity it’s humanly natural to omit certain things of importance. To stop this from happening and to save yourself the torture of scanning various documents later, it’s easier if a person takes notes and jots down all that he finds related.
3. If a person is taking up online classes or any other such engagements he should devise a proper study schedule for the same. Untimely and unplanned study patterns will never benefit in the longer run. As there is no accountability for the commencement of the study program, it lies entirely with the student as to how he makes full use of the available lectures.
4. A calm mind is the best retainer. Choose whichever time is feasible and stick to that, this results in greater productivity and higher learning capabilities.
5. Mobile e-learning is the fastest growing platform. Student-teacher interaction is conveniently achieved. Make it a point to join study groups related to your topics of interest or your subject of preference.
6. Pay attention to the images, fonts, graphics and other details of a long-term study plan. Choose whichever suits you best. A professional study course will require precise images, charts, graphs, etc. to be easily read and incorporated into the research. Care should be taken to choose such platforms of e-learning that support such materials.
Lastly, try navigation of user-friendly sites. These are easily accessible and provide material that is of relevance. Many e-learning sites dedicated to each field of interest are available.
Rum Tan, a mastermind, and the founder of Smiletutor – most Effective Way to Excel Academically and one of the major online tuition provider in Singapore. A passionate learner and loves to write and share the skill to improve the learning and improvement in the education system.