Introduction to BIM studies (Bachelors in Information Management) in Nepal | BIM scopes | Career options after completing BIM in Nepal| Job Prospects in Nepal with BIM degree | Cost to study BIM in Nepal | Eligibility | Colleges and Universities that run BIM course in Nepal
Most of the students with management studies in their Intermediate level are seen interested in knowing about Bachelors in Information Management (BIM in Nepal). The popularity of this course is increasing in recent years. BIM is the Bachelors of Information Management. This is a four years bachelor program in Nepal. It is conducted by major Universities in Nepal in the semester system. This course program is a blend of the management skills and the IT knowledge preferably required in the management fields. The course program of BIM is designed in order to educate students to understand and then apply the theories and concepts of broad, integrated curriculum covering computing, informatics, business fundamentals and analytical decision-making. It generally seems to cover three fields of study within one ie. computing, business foundations and analytical methods. the subject is also said to be the blend of the subjects BBA and BIT or BCA.
The objectives of the Bachelor In Information Management includes:
- production of the professionals who have management skills as well as the knowledge of Information Technology.
- Production of IT professionals who are skilled at the computers and computing techniques in order to create an effective information system which could solve the organization’s problems.
- Develop ability in students in object-oriented software design methods and data management systems.
Some colleges of Nepal offering the BIM studies in Nepal are:
- Xavier’s College, Maitighar Kathmandu
- Nagarjuna College of Information Technology, Hariharbhawan, Lalitpur
- Thames International College, Old Baneshwor Kathmandu.
- National College of Computer Studies, Paknajol, Kathmandu.
- Kantipur College of Management and Information Technology, Old Baneshwor, Kathmandu.
- College of Applied Business, Tangal, Kathmandu.
- Hetauda School Of Management & Social Sciences, Hetauda, Makawanpur
- Institute Of Management Studies, Thapathali, Kathmandu.
- Prime College, Khusibu, Naya Bazar, Kathmandu.
- Orchid International College, Sinamangal, Kathmandu.
- KIST College, Kamalpokhari, Kathmandu.
- Asian School Of Management, Samakhushi Bridge, Kathmandu.
- Morgan International College, Basundhara, Kathmandu.
Eligibility/Requirements to study BIM in Nepal:
The students of any field scoring 60% can apply for BIM CMAT exam and after successfully passing the CMAT exam conducted TU, the students are qualified to attend the class.
Scope of the BIM course in Nepal / Abroad:
BIM is the blend of information technology and managerial skills. So, it opens scopes of opportunities in the fields where computer knowledge in the management field is required. This computer knowledge in the management fields opens up for various opportunities. Few examples include Data Analyst, Survey manager, Software engineers for the business sectors and the finance sectors like the business companies, banks, financial offices, etc.
It has good scopes in Nepal as well as abroad because Information Technology knowledge specialized in the management skills opens up opportunities wherever these types of IT professionals are required.
Some Career prospects for BIM graduates include Software Designers and Engineers, Advertising and Marketing Executives, IT Consultants and Planners, Sales and retail assistants, Chartered Accountants, Computer programmers and programmer developers as well as many others.
Cost to Study BIM in Nepal:
Domestic cost: Around 4 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs depending on the college and city. There are some scholarship facilities in few colleges for deserving/needy candidates.
Remuneration/ Average salary scale: Fresh BIM IT professionals earn up to monthly Rs15-20 thousand. After some experience, BIM graduates earn an average of Nrs 40,000 in Nepal. The average salary is much greater in abroad countries.
Further Study options after completing BIM in Nepal :
BIM is a graduation program in the management field. So there are options in Post graduation Programmes of Management like the MBA or in other areas of study like the Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or Information Technology.
Jobs after Completing BIM:
Graduates from this program are qualified for employment in both public and private sectors as programmers, system analysts, network administrators, database developers, webmasters, e-Commerce programmers, information system project managers, software application developers, management information system managers and other IT related and as well as business professionals.
top grossing colleges for BIM is which ?
Xavier’s College, Maitighar Kathmandu
sir, in comparison to BCA and BIM which one is better ??and why ??? would you please explain about this ???
sir/madam, is there any difference between BIM and BBA?
BBA only focus management but BIM is mass combine of Management & Information Technology
Sir / maam, it would be kind of you to suggest me what i should study to become a graphic designer.. is BIM better or BBA ?? I am unable to take decision with confidence.. it would be great if you helped me.
BIM must be selected for graphic designer….BBA has no such scope..
bim vs bbis is there any difference
Is loksewa available in BIM and this course can we study in abroad?
after studying BIM, what next?