The ACCA (“Association of Chartered Certified Accountants”) is a global professional body issuing highly respected and valued international qualifications in accountancy, finance and business. ACCA is the largest and fastest-growing international accountancy body, with over 486,000 students and 200,000 members in 179 countries. More people around the world qualify in-country with ACCA than any other international body. ACCA’s reputation and influence are respected worldwide by employers, government and the profession itself. It is recognized by member states of the European Union and the United Nations. You have to pass a maximum of 13 exams in English and have relevant practical experience which you can gain in any business sector you are working in. You can take up to 4 exams each session, and normally it takes 3 or 4 years to qualify. ACCA professional qualification covers all areas of business, from financial statements, management accounting, business taxation & law to audit and also business ethics. Many multinational and local firms seek or require their employees to study for this prestigious qualification.
The flexibility of the ACCA Qualification means that it doesn’t limit you to one particular sector. As an ACCA member, you will have the opportunity of working in any sector you choose all over the world, be it public practice, the public sector, financial services, or the corporate sector, giving you access to a broad range of complex and interesting roles.
- Enables you to become a Chartered Certified Accountant, use the designatory letters ACCA, and work in any aspect of finance or management in any business.
- Better employment prospects as a result of having shown an ability in all areas of business.
- Assures an employer that you have the skills necessary to progress to more senior management positions.
- Higher status in the eyes of an employer, and also your clients
- Gaining such a qualification is evidence that the holder possesses skills and knowledge which are in high demand by employers in the industry, banking, auditing, consulting as well as other professions like taxation and law.
- Candidates not only gain specialist knowledge in finance and accounting but also acquire valuable skills in organizational management and strategy
- The qualification does not concentrate only on theory, and unlike Universities prepares a graduate for practical usage.
- The qualification is based on international accounting and auditing standards and is IFAC compliant
- ACCA Professional qualification is of a high standard and is equivalent to completing full University Degree
- With exams four times a year students can work while they study
- Personal satisfaction of having acquired the business skills
The Applied Knowledge exams provides students with a broad introduction to the world of finance and develop your essential understanding and techniques in accounting. These exams are:
- Accountant in Business (AB)
- Management Accounting (MA)
- Financial Accounting (FA)
The Applied Skills exams build on existing knowledge and understanding and develop strong, broad and practical finance skills required of the future strategic professional accountant in any sector or industry. These exams are:
- Corporate and Business Law (LW)
- Performance Management (PM)
- Taxation (TX)
- Financial Reporting (FR)
- Audit and Assurance (AA)
- Financial Management (FM)
The Strategic Professional exams prepare students for future leadership positions. They develop the strategic vision using your unique blend of technical, ethical and professional skills. And you can specialise in areas that best suit your career ambitions. Students must complete both Essentials exams and choose two of the Options. These exams are:
- Strategic Business Leader (SBL)
- Strategic Business Reporting (SBR)
- Advanced Financial Management (AFM)
- Advanced Performance Management (APM)
- Advanced Taxation (ATX)
- Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA)
Ethics and Professional Skills Module
Students are required to complete our Ethics and Professional Skills module which develops in students the complete range of skills that employers told us they need. By introducing students to the full spectrum of advanced ethical and professional skills and exposing them to realistic business situations, our students are ready to shine with recruiters and be really credible in the workplace.
Practical Experience Requirement
Being a confident, inspiring and trusted professional comes with experience so to qualify as an ACCA member you must complete a minimum 36 months’ relevant work experience and achieve 9 performance objectives.
Your time in a relevant role and performance objectives need to be signed off by a practical experience supervisor. The practical experience requirement allows you to put the knowledge learnt through your studies into practice in a real work environment.
About Seed Financial Academy
Seed Financial Academy is one of the best ACCA College in Nepal, run by ACCA professionals who have been managing and teaching ACCA for more than a decade. Seed is a Gold Approved Learning Partner and also a Licensed CBE Center of ACCA, UK. At Seed Financial Academy, we are dedicated to the provision of eminent professional education at our state-of-the-art campus, with interactive, tech-based learning. Our mission is to coach students, not only academically, but prepare them for successful professional careers with our complimentary courses in interpersonal skills, resilience, and personal development.
We are confident that Seed boasts a faculty which is one of the best in the country in delivering ACCA tuition classes, with industry and teaching experience up to 10 years. Seed provides a unique opportunity to its students, with access to world-class business education, fostering full professional development in a challenging and engaging environment.
We have managed to establish ourselves as the pioneer in the industry with our results exceeding global pass rates by high margins. On top of that we have managed to obtain record breaking results, with up to 73% rank holders in Nepal in applied skills level for June 2019 exams.
Seed also has a unique partnership program with key employers in Nepal. The key purpose of these agreement is to facilitate ACCA students of SEED in completing their practical experience requirement as part of ACCA qualification by providing unique opportunity to get on-the-job training. These type of partnership are practiced first time in Nepal and has been very effective in helping students for placement and internship.
Seed Financial Academy also differentiates itself from the rest by embedding Employability Skills (ES) within the ACCA Qualification. The main aim of the paper is to prepare students with technical knowledge in local context, transferable skills and key personal attributes which are highly valued by employers and essential for effective performance in the workplace. The teaching and learning methodologies applied at ES paper are very practical covering the real life scenarios. The paper is taught by Professionals with expertise and experience in the relevant areas of the course.
Employability Skills (ES) is a third Semester compulsory paper studied together with Financial Reporting (FR) and Audit & Assurance (AA). On completion of all three papers, candidates will be eligible for placement at our partner employers (e.g. Reputed Audit firms). This paper, training and experience from top tier Audit firms together with the ACCA qualification with best team of faculties will be an added advantage to all the students studying at Seed differentiating themselves from the rest.
- To provide high-quality accountancy and business studies programme for students and helping them to be successful business managers.
- To attract the best and bright students and guide them to be technically and professionally able.
- To groom students not only academically but also in areas like interpersonal & communication skills and prepare them to be work-ready when they jump into their professional career.
- To maintain and abide by the rules and regulations of all professional bodies and institutions which have accorded approval to Seed Financial Academy for conducting their programmes.