SnHome › Forums › After plus 2 (+2) › (SEE) My math is only D+, am I still eligible to study science and engineering › Reply To: (SEE) My math is only D+, am I still eligible to study science and engineering
MemberJune 24, 2017 at 10:56 am
Hello Ashok, at first congratulations for your SEE result. You seem to be in dilemma regarding selection of subject for further study. I want to tell you that before choosing any subject, you should first consider the minimum grade required to pursue it. There are different requirements for studying different subjects after SEE. As you have mentioned that your GPA is 2.45 and your score in Math is D+, I think that you are not eligible to study science or diploma in engineering. Though, the GPA requirement to study science is met, however your score in Math is not sufficient to study these subjects. But there is nothing to worry about it as there are many more good options that you can choose from. You can still choose management and humanity faculty or diploma in agriculture if you have obtained C in any one of Science or English. The minimum grade requirement to study different subject is as follows,
• To study science, 2.0 GPA is needed along with Grade C+ in C. Math and Science and at least D+ on English, Nepali, and Social Studies.
• To study management, 1.6 GPA is needed along with at least D+ on English, Nepali, C. Math and Social Studies.
• To study Humanities and Education, 1.6 GPA is needed along with at least D+ on English, Nepali and Social Studies.
• To study Diploma Engineering, at least C is needed in C. Math and Science and D+ in English.
• To study Diploma Health, 2 GPA is needed along with at least C+ on C. Math, English and Science.
• To study Diploma in Agriculture, you need to secure C in any two subjects i.e., C. Math or Science or English and D+ in remaining subject.
There is nothing like that studying science or engineering will open your future path, today every subject possess opportunity and scope. The thing is, you need to excel in your chosen subject. Good luck for your future.